When your skin comes into contact with p-phenylenediamine PPD (or PTD) you can see the following symptoms:
- Eczema. This does not have to be limited on the scalp, it can also occur in other places such as the hands or, for example, on the back.
- Irritated painful scalp during and after coloring
- Itching on the scalp
- Red bumps. Small red bumps that can be very itchy
- Tearing eyes. Thick red eyes after or during a color treatment
- Odeem. You can get a bloated head or hands
- Reactions to the hair dye seem to be getting worse