What to do if i get an allergic reaction to hair dye?
You've dyed your hair and to your horror you discover you have an allergic reaction. You must do this:
Tips for a mild allergic reaction
If you feel that your skin cannot stand it while painting, rinse the paint immediately with lukewarm water. You can also visit the doctor to have it checked extra.
Tips in case of a severe allergic reaction
If you have a violent reaction, keep calm, contact your doctor and rinse the paint off with lukewarm water for at least ten minutes. Further? Keep a close eye on your breathing and awareness.
Extra tip You can prevent an allergic reaction by taking the allergy test. This goes as follows:
- Dip a cotton swab in the hair dye.
- Apply behind the ear, the size of a euro cent.
- Repeat this a few times and let it dry in the meantime.
- Close the packaging carefully so that you can use it again later.
- Wait 48 hours without washing, covering or touching this area.
- If there is an allergic reaction, we advise you to contact the doctor for further consultation and advice. Allergies can build up over time and they can come on very suddenly.